Monday, January 2, 2012

Goodbye 2011

I am so happy 2012 is here. I have great hopes for this year. 2011 was a tough year for us. Gwen was plagued with ear infections, which lead us to having tubes put in. After 4 months of constant infections, we were finally able to get the procedure done in April. Joe's dad's health began failing in February and he never recovered. We said goodbye to Jack in May.

The summer heat was oppressive here and kept us indoors - a lot. Joe's new job (which he began in February) had him working most weekends, which didn't give us much family time. My job was getting very stressful.

Fall proved to be better then summer as we adapted to Joe's new schedule. Also, the weather was considerably more tolerable. Joe and I took some day trips. We went to several wineries in Michigan and spent some time in Chicago.

Fall did have its downsides too though. I was getting really burned out at work and missed being with Gwen. So after one really rough day, Joe thought it was time I put in my notice. My last day was the day before Thanksgiving and I haven't regretted quitting one bit.

Being home with Gwen every day has given me so much fulfillment. I feel my creativity returning and I am completely content. I have found purpose in my life, for once.

I have great plans for this 2012. I am excited to see what this year holds for us.

May 2012 be filled with good fortune, good health and good news for all of us.

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment