Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just Not Feeling It

I just haven't felt like blogging. I think the winter doldrums are getting to me. I know they shouldn't be this year. I should have nothing to complain about, because we have been blessed with an extremely mild winter so far. But, I long for the warm, long days of summer.

Gwen and I are climbing the walls. Her nap schedule, or should I say lack there of, makes doing anything outside of the house almost impossible. For instance, my friend Carrie just sent me a message to see if I wanted to meet here and her daughter at the zoo, but Gwen just went down and wont be up for at least two hours. So, on a wonderfully mild late-January afternoon I am sitting at home watching the walls close in around me.

Don't get me wrong, I love being a stay-at-home mom and I am completely blessed to be able to do it. I am just not quite use to staying in everyday. When the weather really gets nice, I know things will be better.


I know Gwen has got to be bored. She was so use to playing with other kids. We have just been hanging out at home and watching way too much Tinkerbell! I feel like such a bad mom (hangs head in shame). We have done a couple things outside the house - we went to the library, out to lunch with Dolly and to Target. Nothing special, but at least we got out for a bit. I really need to get her signed up for some tot classes. I looked into programs at the library, but they have theirs at 1:30pm. When Gwen naps, it is usually at that time. Back to the drawing board. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.


This past week we took the front off of Gwen's crib, because we are so afraid she is going to fall climbing out. Well that lasted for all of about three days. She hardly napped or slept at all those days. So, at about 10pm Thursday night, the front of the crib went back on.


We are also dealing with a severe pacifier addiction. I do not know how I am ever going to break her of it. I have been reading up on it, but nothing is working. I am so torn - I want her to be happy, but I know she is getting too old to be needing/using a pacifier as a means of soothing herself. I even lied to the pediatrician and told him she was done with the paci. When we are out she is good. I think it is just being home so much right now.

Ok, so I am done throwing myself a pity party. I need to put on my big girl panties and figure out fun things to do to help Gwen - 1. nap/sleep better; 2. give up the paci; and 3. stop watching so much Tinkerbell!

I am going to take advantage of her nap right now and do some research!

Have a great rest of your day!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment