Friday, January 6, 2012

Lesson Learned

So I learned a very important lesson today. Not anything new, but a reminder that haste makes waste. I was in such a hurry to get a finished disk out to the couple that we shot their engagement photos, that I spelled engagement wrong on the disk label.

I was/am mortified. Thankfully it was one of Joe's friends, but it still made me feel so unprofessional. I quickly redid the disks and Joe dropped them off. I don't know what I would do without him. He is a keeper. He lets me have my meltdowns and then helps me get back up.

In light of this current event, I am now creating a checklist to go through before I release any material to a client. When you are getting a business started, mistakes like the one I made today can cause me to lose clients and potential clients.

Thankfully no major damage was done - only to my pride. I will use this incident as a learning experience and make sure that it doesn't happen again.

Well, I am going to try and salvage the rest of my day. Have a great rest of yours!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment