Thursday, December 22, 2011

Starting New Traditions


Yesterday Joe, Gwen and I went to the Christkindlmarket. We parked and walked over to State Street to see the windows at Macy’s. I was so excited to see what Gwen would think. The windows I felt were very disappointing and Gwen seemed unimpressed. She had more fun people watching.






We got to the market a little before it opened. Joe wanted to see how Gwen would do with Santa and since the line was pretty short, we hopped in. Gwen was good while we were in line, but when we got up to see Santa she would not let go of me. Hopefully next year will be better!



We met up with my friend Dolly and her husband Lee and walked around the market. Joe and I tried hot, spiced wine for the first time and were pleasantly surprised. It also came in this adorable boot-shaped mug.


Because it is a German Market, I felt it appropriate to buy a traditional pickle ornament for our tree (even though neither one of us are German!). I also purchased an Eiffel Tower ornament in honor of our trip to Paris next year.



Since Gwen is not a big meat eater and most of the food options were of the sausage variety, we left the market to find her something to eat. A block away we found this cute little Italian market/restaurant where you could get paninis, salads and pizzas. We order a Margherita pizza and two little bottles of wine. It was quick and cheap! Two great things when you have a little one.



The temp started to drop and the wind picked up, so we decided to call it a day. It was so much fun though, and it is now going to be part of our yearly Christmas tradition. I am so enjoying creating my own family traditions with Joe and Gwen.



Have a great rest of your day.


Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment