Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Little Getaway


I am so behind on my posts. Joe took me on a little getaway to Valparaiso the weekend after Thanksgiving. We had never been before and were not sure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised with the quaint downtown. We walked around until we could check into our B&B.


On the ride there I googled some restaurants and there were two French restaurants. I was so excited. I was even more excited that one was open for lunch! We had an amazing lunch at Bon Femme Cafe.


We started the meal off with Baked Brie en Croute - yummy! We had a bottle of wine and enjoyed the Christmas decorations. It was a great way to start the trip.





After a very filling lunch we headed to the B&B. We had reservations at the Inn at Aberdeen.


It was an old farm house and we stayed in the original master bedroom. We spent quite some time exploring and taking pictures of the beautiful Christmas decorations.


Later that evening, we headed back downtown for a night cap. We went to the other French restaurant Bistro 157. We snacked on Crispy Fried Calamari and House Pickles and had a nice bottle of wine.



I was nice to get away, just the two of us, even if it was only for one night.


No comments:

Post a Comment