Monday, May 6, 2013

Weekend Recap

It was a fun and busy weekend. It started off friday with the arrival of the bracelet I won in the mail! I was waiting not so patiently for the mail man to arrive all day! (Am I the only one who still gets excited to get actual mail?)




Friday night we just relaxed. It was a long week for all three of us. Gwen fell asleep early and Joe and I did a Season Two of the Vampire Diaries marathon. I love Alaric. I miss him in season four. Only two more episodes left.  Can't wait to see how they leave it, knowing that the new spin off series, The Originals, got picked up for the fall.  Talking about fall pick ups, my guilty pleasure got picked up too - Hart of Dixie! I just love Levon and Wade! 


Saturday Joe worked and Gwen and cleaned house. I worked on a couple work projects and watched Roman Holiday. I love Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. When Joe got home from work I ran out real quick to get my hair cut. My brother and his girlfriend came over and brought chinese! Gwen just loves them.  I think she would actually leave Joe and I for them, given the choice. Thankfully though, they wore her out and she crashed early! 

After Gwen fell asleep, Joe and I watched Death In Paradise.  It is an English mystery series on PBS, and we have become quite addicted to it! It may or may not have something to do with the fact that it set on a tropical island :) It was a nice quiet way to end the night.

Sunday we slept in, kind of. Well, Joe and Gwen did.  Why is it the mornings when you can sleep in, you can't! It was nice though, to have a little quiet time and catch up on some reading. When Joe got up we grabbed our coffee and sat out on our balcony. I am so enjoying the fact that weather is finally getting nice! Our vacation spoiled me :) We then popped some champagne and had mimosas and planned our day. 

We went to brunch at Coopers Hawk. I had a birthday coupon and needed to use it. We have never been there for brunch before and now I can't wait to go back! I had eggs benedict and Joe had their three little piggies! The hollandaise sauce was amazing! Each meal came with choice of mimosa, bellini or sparkling wine.  After we finished our delicious meals, they brought me out a birthday dessert with a white truffle, chocolate covered strawberry and fresh berries!! 


While we were there, we also picked up our wine of the month, which was Orange Muscat. I am not a sweet wine drinker, but this is good! It is very fruity and light.  It is a great balcony/patio drinking wine!

After filling our bellies, we went shopping to walk off some of those calories :) We hit Old Navy to use our Stuff & Save coupon and stock up on some summer outfits for all of us and jeans for gwen. I am not good at trying things on at the store, so unfortunately a few things are going back.  Then we went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get some glasses for the summer (plastic - I break glasses all the time and don't trust myself with nice glasses outside).




I think I finally used all my birthday coupons and gift cards. My birthday has stretched on for over a month this year! Not that I am complaining :)

When we got home, Joe put on golf and I played with my new clothes. Gwen helped me purge her closet and hang up all her new clothes. Joe and I also organized our closet, which was much needed. All in all, it was a great weekend and I hated to see it end.

We are waiting on some news this week, so hopefully things go well! Trying to stay positive. Positive thoughts. Positive results!

Have a great rest of your day!

Nikki


No comments:

Post a Comment