Friday, May 3, 2013

the story of my life...

...in 250 words or less

I follow the blog Story of My Life and Jenni, the blogger had a post early this week sharing her life in 250 words.  It was the first post in her series of blog every day in May challenge. Needless to say I failed this challenge since today is May 3rd! I thought I would share a little about my life though, and try to keep it to 250 words or less.





I was born in a suburb of Chicago in the mid 70's. I have two brothers (one older and one younger). I lived in a small town until I was 15 and then moved to an even smaller one.  I was obsessed with Anne of Green Gables (still kind of am). I wanted to be a photojournalist, so I went to a small liberal arts college and majored in Journalism/Communications with a double concentration in Advertising/PR and Graphic Design. I played soccer in college until I got hurt. Met my husband my freshman year and we got engaged my junior year. My first job after college was at a small ad agency in Chicago. Got married in June of 1999.  Moved a lot. Lived in Hilton Head, SC for two years. Got homesick. Moved back to IL and bought our condo. Got a job doing marketing for a park district. Finally got pregnant in 2009 and delivered a healthy baby girl in January 2010. Quit my job at the end of 2011 to stay home. Started doing freelance photography and graphic design last summer and went back to work part time at the park district doing graphic design.  I am so thankful that my career path has afforded me the ability to stay home with my daughter and still do what I love.  Along the way we have acquired two cats, a dog and two hermit crabs! I give thanks every day for the life I have been given.

249 words! Considering I ramble a lot, I am amazed! 


Have a great rest of your day!
Nikki



No comments:

Post a Comment