Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Developing a schedule


We have been having a lot of problems with Gwen's sleeping.  She has always fought naps and bedtime, but it has been really bad the last couple of weeks.  I was talking with my mom today and she said I have to get her into a set daily schedule for everything.  Get her up every morning at the same time, whether she wants to or not. Make her sit at the table and eat breakfast whether she wants to or not. (We also have a lot of issues lately with her eating - she has become such a picky eater.)

She had a nasty little meltdown this afternoon and I am at the point that we HAVE to do something.  No more just, Oh this will pass.  She is going to be three in January, if we don't do something now, no one is going to want to be around her.  She is a really good girl, but she has a terrible temper and is extremely strong willed.

I get so frustrated and depressed by her behavior.  I feel like I have failed her.  I should have done something different and she would be better behaved.  I don't know how mom's do it with more then one child.

So starting tonight we are putting a new schedule into place.  This will be good since she actually is taking a nap today! When she gets up, I will get her a little snack and then we are going to play with her puzzles and work with her flashcards.  Then a little TV while I am prepping dinner. Dinner will be at the dinning room table with NO TV on.  Following dinner we will do some sort of activity and then it will be bath time! After the bath, it is pj time and a book.  Then hopefully we will be able to initiate bedtime - in her room.



I know we have been really lax with Gwen.  We have worked our schedules around her and now we are dealing with the effects of that. So before this gets any worse, I am going to put this schedule into place.  And to be honest with you, I am more productive and work better when I adhere to a schedule.  Here is to hoping this works!

And maybe I will be able to get more done and actually start doing yoga again. One can only hope.

Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. 
Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.
 ~ Wayne Dyer 
(I have no idea who this man is, but it is a great quote nonetheless!)

Have a great rest of your day!

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment