Friday, October 12, 2012

Tea Time


“Tea is the elixir of life.”  Lao Tzu

My mom always says, "tea tastes better out of a tea cup."  I have to agree. I usually grab a mug and throw it in the microwave, but today I decided to use my tea kettle and actually make tea the proper way. Then I decided to use my nice china. What a difference it made.

Sometimes it is the simple things in life, like a good cup of tea, that help you get through the day.

It has been an extremely long week and I am so ready for the weekend. Not that I don't have more work to do, but just the thought of "the weekend," seems to make it easier to deal with.  For now though, I am going to relax with a nice cup of chamomile tea and enjoy some quiet time.

“Tea tempers the spirits and harmonizes the mind, dispels lassitude and relieves fatigue, awakens thought and prevents drowsiness, lightens or refreshes the body, and clears the perceptive faculties.”   Confucius

Have a good rest of your evening
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment