Monday, June 13, 2011

12 years

Yesterday was our 12 year wedding anniversary.


It has gone by so quickly. Joe and I have been together for almost 17 years and some days it still feels like it did when I was 18 and he was 19. I still get excited when he calls or sends me a text just to check in. He is still very romantic and remembers the small things.

We didn't do anything fancy to celebrate, but it was still wonderful. Joe packed a fabulous picnic lunch and we headed to one of the state parks. We took Gwen with us. We have so much more fun with her around! She is just so darn cute. Of course, I might be slightly biased :)


On our way, we stopped in this really quaint town and browsed through their village market. We then headed to main street to check out some of the shops. We discovered a great little winery tasting room and did a tasting. So much fun.

We finally made it to the park only to find out that a lot of the areas were closed because of flooding from the recent storms. We drove around for a while and found an area to set up our picnic.

We completely descend on a place and make it our own.

It was a great day and couldn't image spending it any other way. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and baby girl. I count my blessings every day.

Our marriage may not always be perfect, but it works for us. When we did our pre-wedding class we received this great little book. I still have it. There is a quote in it from a married couple that I love. The wife said - I may not always like my husband, but I always love him. There are definitely times that I don't particularly like Joe, but I always love him. I am also sure there are times he feels the same way about me.

We make it work and we wouldn't have it any other way. We know we are better together. We are a team - Team W!


No comments:

Post a Comment