Monday, April 11, 2011

Time



Time goes by faster with each year. I just celebrated my 35th birthday on Friday and have no idea how that can be. I don't feel 35, most days. Some days I feel 90 though! I blinked and I have been married for almost 12 years and have a 15 month old. Don't get me wrong, I love where I am in my life, for the most part. I have the most wonderful family and a job I love. I just wish we could sell our condo and get a house. The market is horrible and I don't see the condo moving anytime in the near future.

But on the bright side, the condo has afforded us the ability to travel and not have to do a lot of home improvement. With an infant/toddler there is far less for her to get into and a lot less to keep up after. The downside, however is crazy neighbors. I know you can have them anywhere, but when they live directly below you, it is a different story.

Our time will come though. I firmly believe I am where I am, because this is where I am suppose to be right now. It will all work out when it is suppose to. My half-full glass mentality. It is what gets me through.

We went to the zoo yesterday. It was such beautiful day. Gwen was so well behaved and wanted to see everything. She especially liked the penguins. I think she could have stayed there all day watching. It is days like yesterday that make everything worth it.



I told my Mom I think this was the best birthday I ever had. We didn't really do anything special. Joe, Gwen and I went to Olive Garden for dinner the night before my birthday and then went to Barnes and Noble for coffee. Gwen loved playing in the kid's area and we had so much fun watching her.

It is amazing how things change and what becomes important. The older I get the less important status and having things have become. The older I get the more I want a simple life. I want a little house on a nice piece of property. I want to learn how to knit and can vegetables. I want to spend more time with my family. I want to enjoy life. I want to experience life. I want to drink it all in, because as quickly as these 35 years have gone, the next will go even quicker.

I have been so blessed in the life I have been given. I am thankfully each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment