Monday, September 20, 2010

I am not...

a good blogger! I said it. I thought this would be easy. Everyday write a little something. Then I started thinking that I am a little self absorbed. No one is going to want to read about my mundane life. Weeks go by, months go by and I haven't written. Then all of a sudden I feel inspired, but then what do I write about? I am a thirty-something married woman working in the burbs. I have no exceptional skills or talents and by all accounts I am pretty average.

I used to have big dreams. I used to want to be a high powered advertising exec, but then I worked in advertising. Now I don't. I am, for the most part, happy with my life just the way it is. I like my job. I love my husband and our baby girl. I love my dog and two cats. I like my condo, but wish I had a house with a yard. The housing market is keeping me from achieving that though.

The older I get the more I realize that I work to live, I don't live to work. I will probably never go back to school, unless it is for fun. I will never make six-figures, but I am ok with that.

The older I get, the less important name brands are to me. I am all about function over fashion these days - especially with an eight-month old!

The older I get the more comfortable in my own skin I become. I am me and that is all I can be. I will never be a 5'10" supermodel - especially since I am only 5'2" and I am already thirty-something!!

I may not be inspiring anyone else in their life, giving tips on anything or have fun stories about my past to share, but I am important. I am important to my daughter, my husband, my parents, my brothers, my friends and my co-workers. This makes me blessed and so very thankful for the life I do have. My completely average life, which at times is so much bigger than I could have ever asked for.


No comments:

Post a Comment