Monday, May 17, 2010

Her First White Dress

Sunday was Gwen's Baptism. It was an amazing day. The weather turned out gorgeous and my little girl was as beautiful as ever. Gwen wore the baptismal gown and shoes that I wore for my baptism 34 years ago. I love that she wore it and hopefully I can keep it for her to pass on to her children. Not only did she look amazing, she was amazing. She was awake the whole time and barely fussed even when the holy water was poured over her head.

The party was great and everyone seemed to have had a great time. As always there was too much food consumed and several adult beverages were had. Not to mention the sun had long set before the last of guests left and the party girl was still going strong.

Joe and I were talking this morning that we can not believe it is over. It just seems like we were locking down the date and here we are the day after exhausted, but filled with joy over the celebration that took place yesterday. We are so blessed to have our little miracle and to have such wonderful families. Today I am the luckiest person in the world. Today, as I am everyday, I am thankful for all the blessings in my life. I can't wait to see Gwen in her next two white dresses, but I am not rushing it. I am going to relish each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment