Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Beginning

I am slightly old fashion. I am not one for change. I have always journaled, but it was the old fashion way - pen and paper. I figured, just like everything else I do, I would use my computer to collect my thoughts. Actually I forgot my actual journal at home today and wanted to commit my thoughts to "paper" before I forgot. So this blog is my new "paper." Let's see how diligent I am about keeping up with it. This is not really for anyone else but me. So let me now get to what I was thinking about and the reason for starting this.

It has been a crazy year. One year ago today my husband and I found out we were pregnant. We had struggled for so long to see those two pink lines come up on the HPT and the positive pregnancy test could not have come at a better time. Two days before - on Mother's Day last year - my beloved Grandma passed away from Pancreatic Cancer. I miss her each and every day. She was not only my Grandma, but my friend. We spoke on the phone every day before she became sick. To this day she is the first person I think to call if I have good news or need to share something with someone. I carry her with me everyday and my daughter will know her great-grandma.

So on to happier things and to the present - We have a beautiful and healthy 4 month old baby girl - Gwendolyn Clarice - her middle name is in honor of my Grandma. Tomorrow Gwen goes for her 4 month shots. She was a trooper with her 2 month so hopefully she will get through tomorrow no worse for wear. I am also happy that Joe - my husband - will be coming with this time.

Over the course of the last week and a half I have become slightly obsessed with a blog and look forward to seeing new posts. The blog is beautiful and touching. The story and imagery of her life are so amazing. It has touched me in such a profound way. It has made me look at my life and realize just how truly blessed I am. I may not be great at anything, but I am ok with that. I love my little life and can't wait to see what the future holds. Hopefully I will be sitting right here one year from now reflecting on this year.

Challenges are what make life interesting. Overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. ~ Joshua J. Marine

No comments:

Post a Comment