Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Reminiscing

I am feeling very sentimental today. I picked up Grandma's watch from the jeweler last night. Grandpa gave her this watch over 60 years ago. It was in several pieces when I brought it to the jeweler and I didn't even know if she could do anything with it. It is running now and doesn't look half bad considering the aforementioned condition it started off in when I received it. I am just glad to have it on my wrist.

Now I just have to remember to wind it!

I know I should be working, but I find my mind drifting off so easily today, mostly to thoughts of my Grandma. She was an amazing woman and I miss her so much. Grandma passed away on Mother's Day 2009. She would have been 87 that July. She was from England and met my Grandfather during the war. He was an American GI who was 13 years her senior and they had a passionate love affair.

Grandma use to tell me stories about how they met and their wedding and I would and still do create pictures in my head to go along with them. Grandpa passed away when my Grandma was only 47. They shared 25 wonderful years of marriage. Grandma never remarried and was still completely in love with Grandpa until the day she died. I like to think they are up in Heaven continuing their love affair. They were apart for so long.

I often think about writing a book about her life and telling her amazing story. So as I sit here today daydreaming about writing the next best seller, which of course is a daydream in and of itself, I look to her photo on my desk for inspiration. But as the hands on my watch remind me of time, it is time for me to get back reality and back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment