Monday, May 24, 2010

Refreshed

I should have known that staying out of the sun for so long while I was pregnant and a long cold winter would mean that my first foray in the sun would lead to a slightly crispy exterior today. It should be better tomorrow - I hope. Besides the little discomfort, I look rather healthy. I know I should stay out of the sun and wear sunblock, but when the warm weather comes around she is a like a siren calling to me and her call has to be answered.

I had a very relaxing weekend at my parents. They live out in the country and I so enjoy going out there to get away for the hustle and bustle of my busy week. Gwen loves spending time with Grandma and Grandpa too. She never gets put down for long while there! I feel recharged when I leave there especially in the summer. Their gardens are lovely and the breeze is refreshing. Being there brings me back to a simpler time when I didn't have a care in the world. No matter how old I get Mom and Dad can make everything better. The only thing missing from making this a perfect summer weekend was Joe. He had to work - which he does most weekends in the summer. I shouldn't complain though, we are so blessed that he has a good job in this struggling economy.

So we start a new work week with a lot to look forward to. Received some really great news from my older brother on Saturday. Things are definitely on the upswing. I know this the beginning of a lot of good things for my entire family. Today as everyday, my glass is half full. I cleaned my rose colored glasses and everything looks beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment